Maintain Your CMA Credential by Following Three Easy Steps:
- Continue your membership in IMA
- Pay the CMA Maintenance Fee*
- Fulfill your annual CPE requirement
*The CMA Maintenance Fee is payable at the time of a CMA member’s renewal term.
Maintaining the Value of the CMA
The CMA Maintenance Fee is used by ICMA (Institute of Certified Management Accountants) to promote the CMA program to increase brand awareness in the marketplace and thereby enhance the value to CMA holderss. It also covers the administrative costs of maintaining CMA records and providing confirmation of your CMA credential to employers. CMA members receive a discount off the subscription price of IMA’s NASBA-approved CPEdge learning products, as well as free access to IMA's series of CPE-approved webinars. Maintaining the CMA credential distinguishes CMAs as premium members of IMA.
Maximize the Recognition of Your CMA Credential:
- Include the CMA designation on your business card and business correspondence.
- Inform your supervisor and Human Resources department that you have earned the CMA. To have confirmation of your CMA sent to your employer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your organization’s Human Resources department is not familiar with the CMA program, direct them to IMA's website. To request CMA brochures, please contact IMA member services at email@example.com or call (800) IMA MEA (462 632).
- Become an active member of the CMA community by participating in the CMA network on LinkUp IMA and by staying current with the CMA Connection quarterly electronic newsletter.
- Participate in mentoring programs organized by your local IMA chapter or council, and take the opportunity to encourage promising young professionals to consider applying for the CMA.
- To obtain a sample press release click here.
Educate And Inform
Increase awareness of the CMA – and its value as the gold standard credential for accountants and financial professionals working in business – by sharing with your colleagues some facts about the CMA program.
- The CMA is an advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the critical accounting and financial management skills that are especially relevant for success in a business environment.
- The CMA program promotes mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support through a rigorous curriculum and an extensive exam process.
- Compliance with the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice is a requirement for maintaining the CMA credential. ( Download English | Arabic ).
- CMAs hold key management positions all the way up to the C-Suite – in a wide range of organizations, including multinational corporations, private firms, academic institutions, and not-for-profit organizations.