Maintain Your CMA Certification by Following Two Simple Steps:
1. Pay the CMA Annual Fee, which covers active membership in IMA and the CMA Maintenance Fee.
2. Fulfill your annual CPE requirement.
Promoting Your CMA
As a CMA, you worked hard to earn your certification, and you're committed to getting the best return on your investment. Enhance the value of your certification by promoting the CMA to your employer, your colleagues, and new graduates entering the profession.
Display your certification as a badge of honor.
Include the CMA certification on your business card, on your resume, on your LinkedIn profile, and in business correspondence. Display your CMA digital badge on your LinkedIn and social media profiles. Look for an email from IMA after you become certified to claim your badge. If you have not received your badge, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximize the Recognition of Your CMA Credential:
- Inform your supervisor and Human Resources department that you have earned the CMA. To have confirmation of your CMA sent to your employer, contact email@example.com.
- If your organization’s Human Resources department is not familiar with the CMA program, Ask us to send your employer a letter confirming your CMA. Better yet, Share Our Flyer, "Why Hire a CMA?" With Your Human Resources Department. You may also request us to send CMA brochures to your office. To do this, please contact IMA member services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) IMA MEA (462 632).
- Invite your colleagues to learn more about the CMA through our live webinars. Arrange a free, informational webinar about the value of the CMA. Arrange a Live Webinar.
- Become an active member of the CMA community by participating in the CMA network on myIMA Network and by staying current with the CMA Connection quarterly electronic newsletter.
- Participate in mentoring programs organized by your local IMA chapter or council, and take the opportunity to encourage promising young professionals to consider applying for the CMA.
Educate And Inform
Increase awareness of the CMA – and its value as the gold standard credential for accountants and financial professionals working in business – by sharing with your colleagues some facts about the CMA program.
- The CMA is an advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the critical accounting and financial management skills that are especially relevant for success in a business environment.
- The CMA program promotes mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support through a rigorous curriculum and an extensive exam process.
- Compliance with the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice is a requirement for maintaining the CMA credential. ( Download English | Arabic ).
- CMAs hold key management positions all the way up to the C-Suite – in a wide range of organizations, including multinational corporations, private firms, academic institutions, and not-for-profit organizations.